Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New and amazing Eye-Fi

Eye-Fi is a great new way to download your camera images to your computer or to many online photo album sites wirelessly. The way it works is simple and easy to use. I purchased mine at Best Buy for about 50 bucks. It comes with a USB reader and 4 or 8 gig SD card. You need a wireless network connection. I just started using my new T mobile My Touch 4G which has a hotspot feature for my connection so I can transfer camera images to my computer as long as I have a signal to my phone. Now every time I take a picture the images will appear in a folder of my choice. There are options for sending only the pictures you want and pretty much all cameras have the lock photo function. The tests I have done so far are with my wife's camera (casio exilim). I use a Canon 5D and 7D for my photography. Since Eye-Fi only uses SD cards so far, I ordered an SD to CF adapter in hopes it will work just as well as SD only cameras. As a professional photographer I could buy the equipment needed from Canon to do the same thing for over $600 but why.

No comments:

Post a Comment